Cloud and DevOps combination offers the best of both worlds in today’s dynamic business scenario. On one hand, cloud computing can bring agility in this competitive age, and on the other hand, DevOps can empower development, testing, and deployment.
A combination of both these future-ready technologies can enable modern enterprises to gain quicker runtimes, higher scalability, and better performance.
In this blog, we are going to dig deep into the fruitful relationship between cloud and DevOps and its impact on the corporate world. But before moving forward, let’s understand the DevOps concept as an advanced set of practices.
DevOps- A Brief Introduction of Evolving IT Culture
As AWS defined, DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, tools, and practices that increases an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity. Companies can evolve and improve products at a faster pace to serve their customers in a better way and compete more effectively.
Here are some interesting facts related to DevOps.
DevOps- Interesting Facts
- DevOps contribute to enhancing ROI and improving the performance of 58% of organizations
- Around 47% of companies have seen reduced time-to-market (TTM) for software and services
- 68% of companies that have deployed DevOps have witnessed improvement in customer experience
- The DevOps market share is expected to increase by $6.6 billion by 2022 across the world
DevOps and Cloud- Combination of the Future, for the Future
DevOps brings automation in agile methodology. It is designed to reduce software delivery cycles while enabling developers to remain responsive to the needs of respective organizations.
DevOps enables users to move their code rapidly from development to production while automating core tasks like testing and integration. It brings agility in the development process while facilitating developers to conduct experiments continuously.
Talking about the cloud concept, it acts as a great facilitator for DevOps and other advanced approaches. It makes IT infrastructure more scalable and ensures the quick availability of resources for application lifecycle management.
IT teams can easily shift their focus away from redundant tasks thanks to cloud services. Simply put, the cloud concept enables developers to focus on activities that can generate business-specific value.
The combination of DevOps and cloud computing has a vital role to play in bringing agility into the work environment. With a synergistic approach, this combination can increase speed, efficiency, and productivity.
Some of the key benefits of DevOps and cloud combination include better performance, faster deliveries, and enhanced application delivery lifecycle.
Let’s dig deep into these benefits.
Key Benefits of DevOps-Cloud Combination
- Advanced, enterprise-level applications require complex technology stacks. The development of such apps needs a lot of time and effort in various stages. Thanks to cloud computing, developers can get seamless and quick access to development platforms, repositories, libraries, etc. using their fingertips. As a result, the development team can start working on their projects instantaneously.
- The DevOps-Cloud combination enables developers to build and tear down complex test environments without any help from physical hardware. This automation can save a lot of time and effort for developers. It is also possible to perform automated testing in simulated environments with the help of cloud technology. Such virtual testing environments can be developed more quickly as compared to on-premise physical environments.
- DevOps can get a standard, scalable, and centralized cloud platform for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD). With the right CI/CD integration in place, developers can save valuable time and reduce costs considerably as compared to on-premise DevOps automation. The scalability of the cloud platform facilitates developers to make robust and scalable applications.
- Another benefit of the centralized nature of cloud-powered DevOps is it can improve collaboration among teams irrespective of their locations. While eliminating all the difficulties related to file sharing and real-time communication, the cloud provides a robust platform for simultaneous development. It also offers greater version control and removes the risk of remote or in-house teams interfering in one another’s tasks. What’s more, cloud technology facilitates knowledge transfer between the development and operations teams. All the team members can understand each other’s problems and work in sync with ease.
- The combination has the capability to establish self-service automation for infrastructure provisioning. It enables companies to eliminate the dependency on IT operations for provisioning resources. DevOps teams can focus on experiments and variants to get optimum solutions while having seamless and real-time access to various resources.
- Usually, cloud service providers offer in-built tools for DevOps. Using these tools, developers can easily and effectively manage software life cycle phases and cloud resources at once. For example, if they want to assemble the components for developing a specific solution, they can use the automation capabilities of the cloud.
- The cloud platform can enable DevOps to upscale or downscale infrastructure with a single click. In other words, scalability becomes an integral part of application development when DevOps combines with the cloud. It makes the addition or customization of features easy for developers and entrepreneurs alike. Developers can easily integrate new features in line with the growth of the client’s business without spending much on infrastructure and technologies.
- When remote teams of DevOps are working on the same project, centralized governance and proper control are essential for better execution. Cloud provides more control to developers over their components thereby reducing wait times. Various cloud-based services are designed to automate different processes. These services are also beneficial in eliminating human errors.
DevOps can offer many benefits in conjunction with cloud computing. But then, it is necessary to combine them properly to make the most of DevOps and Cloud for enhancing agility and increasing productivity.
Most companies just get failed to get the effective combination because it needs a number of changes simultaneously while remaining a continuous process for a long time.
At Solution Analysts, we build robust and reliable software to bring automation to the client’s business processes. Our advanced solutions assist global corporate clients to transform core operations digitally for taking their business to a new level.
Feel free to contact us for having more information on our cloud-based DevOps practices and other enterprise software development services.