How to configure your Godaddy SSL certificate with NGINX server on AWS EC2 Instance.
This tutorial describes the process for How to configure/Install your Godaddy SSL certificate with NGINX server on AWS EC2 Instance.
- Login to your server.
- Go to below directory :
>$ cd /usr/share/ssl/certs/yourdomain.com/ If directory is not present you can create new one.
- Copy below command and replace your-certificate-name.csr and your-certificate-name.key and yourdomain.com
>$ openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -out your-certificate-name.csr -keyout your-certificate-name.key -subj "/C=IT/ST=Lombardia/L=Como/O=Batoc67 srl/CN=yourdomain.com"
- Run below command and copy the whole content given by it. Replace your-certificate-name.csr
>$ cat your-certificate-name.csr
- Paste the content of csr into godady ssl manager in Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- After some time it will allow you to download the certificate. Select Other from Dropdown and download.
- Now extract .zip file and put both the file on server at this path
- Run below command
>$ cat your-ssl.crt your-ssl-bundle.crt > your-domain.chained.crt
- Add below in your server blog of NGINX for SSL.
ssl_certificate "/usr/share/ssl/certs/yourdomain.com/yourdomain.chained.crt"; ssl_certificate_key "/usr/share/ssl/certs/yourdomain.com/yourdomain.key";
- Save your file.
- Restart nginx service.
>$ sudo service nginx restart
- Make sure port 443 is open for all under security group in EC2 consle.
- Check your configuration with below link. https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html?#hostname=yourdomain.com
By Nitish Thakrar
Popular PostsHow to Develop a Video Conferencing App like Zoom7 Must-Know Mobile E-Commerce App Development Trends for 2021Top Fitness App Development Trends to Watch in 2021Why Choose Node.js for Your Next Web App Development ProjectTop Mobile App Development Trends to Watch Out in 2021
There is a multitude of options in every category for mobile applications on all the...
Enterprise mobility can be a game changer for companies. When it comes to growing your...